The Ten Commandments - From The Book of Kool Lite Tools
1. I am thy only god. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. These rules supercede all previous rules. Please read these rules often as they may be updated anytime without notification.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image. Posts containing subject matter deemed grotesque, disturbing, obscene, malicious, or of a sexual nature may be edited or deleted. Images containing nudity are not allowed, and nude images may only be posted in the Lounge area, and only when topless or censored. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults or any other discriminatory comments or content. Posts that contain direct download links to copyrighted software, private FTP sites, serial numbers, warez sites, and hacking / phreaking / virus programming sites are prohibited. Posts directly or indirectly related to any of this information will be edited. Hacking discussions where there is an imminent threat of illegal action are strictly prohibited within the forum. Sig2Dat quicklinks and hashes and torrent files are NOT considered to be direct download links, therefore they are allowed. Sharing your website or forum with other forum members is only allowed within your signature or your profile. This board is not a public noticeboard for you to advertise on.
3. Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain. Take the time to look at the other topics, read forum descriptions, and see where your topic should go. Also, take the time to read the FAQs and other pinned topics. Thou shall not use profanity. The administrators and moderators may move topics that are posted in the wrong area. Post it once, and post it nice, and please don't ever post it twice. (There's a song there somewhere.) Spam is not permitted in any form. Any posting or messaging of junk content is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: unsolicited advertising, deceptive links, repetitive postings, postings or messaging for the purpose of commercial or personal gain and links to online popularity game sites. This also applies to content in signatures and avatars. Any questions or requests related to this subject may be sent to the forum administrators.
4. Thou shalt honor the Sabbath Day and keep it holy. If a moderator has removed or merged a topic, do not start a new one. All posts are the property of the poster. Comments and opinions are those of the poster, and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this site and its administrators. If you post or submit something to this board, be it an article, original artwork, your social security number, etc. - it becomes the property of the site. That means if we leave it in the board, or put it on the site it is still your work, but we have the rights to it as well. If we allow it to be present on the site, or use it in any form, you agree that you have no financial claim against the site. We do not demand that items be exclusively ours, but once something it submitted to us for publication or posted in our forums, its removal is entirely at our discretion. Posts may be deleted for any reasons the administrators and moderators deem reasonable. Posts may be edited by the administrators and moderators if the post violates the board rules.
5. Thou shalt honor thy father and mother. We reserve the right to ban (temporarily or permanently) or place in Moderation (limited privileges) any member of this board without warning. We reserve the right to edit, move or remove any post without warning or explanation. We reserve the right to edit any portion of a member profile without warning. Complaints concerning moderators or their actions may be discussed with that moderator or brought to the attention of an administrator via PM (Personal Message). You will accept all this gladly and with open arms because we do it with love.
6. Thou shalt not kill. 56K users, that is. Signatures and avatars will be restricted in size and content. Consult rules 2 and 3 for restricted content. Combined file sizes for images used for avatars and in signatures may not exceed 100,000 bytes. The maximum dimension for an avatar can not exceed 80x80 pixels and that of a signature cannot exceed 600x200 pixels. Signatures and avatars that do not comply may be removed or edited by a moderator or administator without notification. Avatars can not be uploaded; they must be linked from a web address or picture hosting site. If you have a large picture to display, either in filesize or dimensions, link it. Stretching threads is a no-no, and if it occurs you're expected to edit your post to fix it. Even if you strongly hate the content of a post, and detest the individual to whom you're responding so strongly that you dream of seeing God strike him with lightning, please exercise restraint and post without flames. You are allowed, however, to make rude facial expressions and socially unacceptable hand gestures as you press "submit." Your behavior is judged not just here, but elsewhere. If you slander or libel this site or the site staff on another website, forum, or by other public means, your membership in this board may be terminated without notice. Constructive criticism does not count as slander, a "this site sucks" does. Being a "spy" without posting also applies. Do not travel the boards looking for people who you feel are breaking rules so you can tell them off. Do not warn people of the rules when they first arrive - that can be insulting. If someone is being a nuisance on the board, and a moderator is aware of the situation, consider backing off. Goading and provoking troublemakers takes control of the situation away from the moderator and makes their role more difficult. The "report post" button is there for a reason.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery. If your post is good, it'll be responded to. If it's responded to, it'll undergo the process we call Natural Bumping. Natural Bumping = good. Unnatural bumping = bad. Unnatural Bumping is where someone posts, "I'm adding this to put this thread back at the top." Do it, we slap your hand. Do it often, you pull back a bloody stump.
8. Thou shalt not steal. Plagarism, besides being unethical and illegal, is a big no-no. Please state the source or put "source unknown." Do not mention freedom of speech. Or we'll vomit. This is a private forum, and you are our invited guests. The administrator and moderators have a tough job, trying to keep the forums clean and presentable while not willingly stifling open discussion (joke). If a thread or post is locked or deleted, that was the necessary step to take in the judgment of the administrator. Please don't bandy irrelevant constitutional law and hope to plea the case for less "censorship." Don't start a vote, don't throw food, don't throw a hissy fit, don't light up torches and mob the admin's house. We don't censor, we exercise judgment and quality control on something in which we invest a lot of time and effort.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness. Don't make up an account name designed to resemble another poster. If you're banned for some reason, don't keep coming back with "Fred," "Fred the Undead" and "Fred Yet Again." If you were banned, take it like a man... well, take it like a reasonable person, and accept your fate. If you wish, you may appeal the account closure to the administrators. Do not make up additional accounts to respond to yourself. People who talk to themselves used to be burned at the stake as witches, we still hold to that belief system here.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods. As part of this board is a file sharing community, any discussions promoting leeching are prohibited. This includes discussions encouraging or promoting the use of products where the sole purpose or benefit is the ability to leech.
You will normally not have to worry about these rules, as they are applied reasonably and will not interfere with you that often.